Thursday 14 May 2015

Slimming World update #1

Hello everyone. So today is day 13 of my slimming world journey. I did the first weigh in on day 4 due to a hospital appointment and as i had my weight printed out i thought i may aswell go from there.

So I did my second weigh in on tues just gone and i have lost ... 2 Ibs in my first week. I have not been as careful or strict as i could be, not that you need to be as you can eat lots but if you want a bigger weight loss there are ways you can make that happen. 

The thing with me is that when i do diets, i give 100% effort and im so strict and although you get results, it is not fun because you have cravings for food that is not allowed on the diet and then you eventually give in because lets face it, us woman have times of the month where we do get cravings and increased appetite, so the one thing i love about slimming world is that you can have chocolate and crisps, they just have a syn value.

Fruit and veg is free (fresh) and all herbs and spices, dried pasta, noodles and rice are all free. Fish and most meat and meat substitues are free, and the idea is you eat as much free food as you like as they are lower in calories generally and fill you up and then the syned food is a treat and you are encouraged to cook healthily and freshly. 

The recipes and treats you can make from the slimming world website or online groups such as facebook and even the magazines are so tasty!! and you get lots in a portion! 

the magazine is only cheap and is so inspirational. If you are not following the diet that doesn't matter, just ignore all the syns and lingo and do the recipe. Slimming world isn't a diet as it's just normal food that you have in your cupboards, it's just careful food planning and being sensible with food choices which we should all be anyway.

I will post a recipe in a seperate post which looks and feel strange (do not let that put you off) but tastes amazing!! I think so anyway so yeah :) 

I will do another weightloss update again next week. So excited.

xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment