Saturday 4 July 2015

My crafting adventures..

So i have pretty much been abandoning all my lovely followers :( im very sorry, I really truley love doing my blog and i still have so many views and i would be so upset to find my regulars have left me because i have not been updating you, so im sorry. But i am here to show and explain why i have not been updating so stay with me..

From the last post i was showing you what i have been up to lately with my craft addiction, i literally have a craft addiction, anything you can make and do i am pretty much researching and on ebay looking for a cheap way of starting out, apart from my soap craze i am now interested in making my own essential oils, I need to take a step back and tell myself to calm down haha. I just love to be creative, love love love it. So anyways..

I am really interested in starting a soap business, like seriously i think i would do so well and it's not often i am confident about myself in that way, or any way really. But i have put a lot of thought into it and all i am trying to focus on right now is finding the perfect recipe for me. My most recent soaps are..

 
Honey and oat soap. These are only very small soaps, typical hand soaps, so not big but small enough to use up in a few weeks and move on to something else :). This soap is completly natural, it has coconut milk and coconut oil as its main ingredients and inside the soap is ground oats for exfoliation and real honey inside which helps to moisterise your skin and draw moisture to your hands to prevent them drying out and then some oats on top for decoration. This soap doesn't have a smell as such apart from the natural soap and the slighest scent of the honey.
 
 
This one is lovely, this is my lavender and tea tree essential oil handsoap. What i found with the other soaps before these (and i have made lots), is that when i added the essential oil or fragrance, i was only using a small amount and when you first use it, it's great because it smells so strong but as it cures over the 4-6 weeks the smell evaporates and eventually you are left with nothing so i went back to the drawing board and did more research and finally found the information i needed and put the right amount in so i will see how it turns out in 4 weeks of curing. I coloured it with a really light green just so it looks pretty, this recipe is one of my favourites for how the soap feels so far :).
 
 
This soap i made last night and cut this morning. Its scented with English Rose fragrance oil and once again i used the correct amount according to a post i read so we shall see in four weeks time.
This recipe is different to the one above (lavender and tea trea), and it actually went wrong on me, it riced on me as i added my fragrance oil but i think it was because i added the coconut to trace. If you don't soap it won't make any sense to you but basically what happened is the soap seized, basically it set far too fast and i only had seconds to throw it into a mould before it was solid, i threw a bunch of dried rose petals on top for decoration. In the photo you can see there are two colours, pink and cream, the cream is the original colour of the soap before any colour is added and the pink is the colour i wanted it to be, due to the soap setting up fast i had to very quickly put the colour in and mix it super fast but it didn't all mix up but all in all i'm actually really happy with how they turned out and i think they look quite rustic. 

And then ofcourse i have been crocheting, Obviously :p. I have still yet to finish the girls blanket i showed you in my previous post but i decided to start on a boys one and i nearly had all the squares finished in one day.





You can't see it properly but that is actually a deep red but looks more pinky there. I'm going to use a lovely shade of blue to edge each square and do a border when its all been crocheted together. I am planning on selling my blankets on ebay, however each time i make one i kind of just want to keep it to myself haha. 

So yeah this is why i have been ignoring you all so i'm sorry once again. If any of you are crafters please comment and tell me what you do or email me and we can talk more personally.

I also wanted to say thank you to my newest visitors from around the world and i really do appreciate all the page views. If any of you who have visited me or who are reading this now have blogs please follow me on my blog by adding yours and i will look yours up to. I have a lovely lady who follows me and she has a lovely blog so please check hers out.

Thank you all for reading and i will show you the blanket when it's all done :) 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment